
sookee
04071987
NTU, NBS

I just caught Slumdog Millionaire yesterday with Reub at JP. It is easily one of the best shows I've watched since a long time (Benjamin Button wasn't even as good!). It begins with a boy, who had been living in the slums since he was young, on the show of the Indian version of "Who wants to be a millionaire?". He was just 1 question away from the million dollar question when he was taken away to be interrogated for cheating on the show. He then slowly unfolded his life story, which explained why he could answer all the questions. The show is intriguing and thought-provoking, and I was impressed by the way the director weaved the different parts of the stories together so beautifully. The lead actor's love for the lead actress was heart-wrenching and touching too.. it does make you want to cry haha. 
I kept exclaiming (as softly as possible) to Reub during the show that the guy looked so much like him, especially when Reub was in his teens (before his face got a bit rounder haha). He doesn't believe me throughout the show then at the end of it, he agreed grudgingly that they do look "a bit" alike. Not a bit, is a lot! Especially the NOSE hahaha. Then his elder brother also told him that his gf said he found the lead actor familiar, and realised that he looked like Reub! Even my 2nd brother watched the show and was telling me how they looked alike. SEE! It's not only me, it's everybody!